TRIED TO MAKE SUSHI FOR THE FIRST TIME



Currently, I am too obsessed with this K-pop boy band known as BTS. I love everything about them but primarily I love their songs. Literally, this band is like a boon to me in this lockdown. I have seen these boys eat many Korean dishes like Kimchi, Bibimbap, Ramyeon, Gimbap (Korean sushi), and many more. So, I decided to make one myself. 
But.....................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the basic question that comes to your mind when you think about making sushi is the ingredients that you need. The basic ingredient that you need to make sushi is seaweed which I think you can get online but I have skipped it, as you know it's a bit risky to order online stuff during this time. Also, you need a bamboo mat to roll the sushi but I have found another option for it, and the good news is, it worked.

So, without any further adieu let's begin with the recipe.


Ingredients:
1. Cooked rice- 1 cup
2. Sausages (Any sausages are ok I have used Herb Chicken Sausages) -2
3. Green bell pepper -1/2
4. Carrot -1/2
5. Black Sesame seeds
6. Egg- 1
7. Oil
8. Salt
9. Sugar
For dip:
1. Soy sauce - 2 tbsp
2. Garlic- 1 clove
3. Ginger
4. Chilies (green/red)- 1
(Mix everything and keep it overnight)
For rolling:
1. Hand Towel
2. Plain sanitized plastic sheet 
3. Knife

How to make:
1. First of all, cook the rice till it is all sticky and mushy, do not overcook it into a paste.
2. Add salt, a little bit of sugar and oil in the rice. Mix it properly. Make sure you cover the rice once it's done to avoid it from getting dry.
3. Chop all the veggies, sausages in juliennes.
4. Roast the sausages, bell peppers, and keep them keep aside.
5. Mix the egg white and yolk together using a whisker, make an omelet later cut it in juliennes.
6. Spread the towel on a flat surface, on it place the plastic sheet.
7. Cover the plastic sheet with oil also put some oil in your hands.
8. Take some rice spread it into a layer (thickness is up to you).
9. Align all the ingredients and roll it.
10. Don't put more stuffing as there are chances of it not staying in one place.
11. Once the roll is ready cut and serve with the seasoned soy sauce.

Click here to learn how to roll sushi👍

This is something that I have tried on my own. There still can be a way for improvement, but at least I tried. 
If you have rice paper rolls you can use that or just order seaweed online, or just make it without seaweed its totally up to you. Also, you can change the inner contents like you can try adding pork/beef sausages, radish, green chilies, wasabi, crab stick, fish stick etc etc.

I hope this blog post is helpful for those who are trying to make new recipes every day.
That's it for today.
Adios amigos😍
Stay healthy and beautiful






Comments